How to handle a girl who has a boyfriend

This is an area in which I've always sucked before. I mean, typically when I find out a girl has a boyfriend, I shut down because I tend not to want to be the guy that comes between a girl and her boyfriend.

The more I learn, though, the more I realize that to get with a girl who has stuff going for her, I'm going to have to learn how to handle her having a boyfriend and not letting that stop me from pursuing her. Plus, the fact that she's not married and that some girls tend to hold guys as placeholders when they aren't extremely interested in their boyfriend.

Hence this thread.

So how do you deal with the "I have a boyfriend" dillema. I ask because I don't want to use cheap or sleezy methods to take her from having a boyfriend to dating me. I am NOT going to be the guy that lets her cheat on her boyfriend with me. But I also don't want to just abandon a girl like that either. (Bear in mind I'm talking strictly about girls with boyfriends...I have no intention of pursuing a married girl at all)

So how do you deal with this in a non-sleezy way? Without ending up friendzoned.

No comments: