Students tense after Indian Certificate of Secondary Education results

The ICSE results which saw more students with 90% and above scores has given worry lines to class X students from other boards as they try to secure seats in one of the top 10 city colleges. "I know I have worked really hard for my papers and also did well in all my papers. But I'm still worried if my score will be good enough to match the kind of marks ICSE students have scored," said Rohit Paranjpe, an SSC student. 

He also added that most of his friends are worried about not making through the course or college of their choice. 

ICSE students, however, have other things to worry about. Some were disappointed because they missed the privilege of being the all-India topper by just one mark. "I am very happy with my score and I know it is enough to get me through the best college anywhere. I missed the 'all-India topper' tag by just one mark, but there's nothing I can change now," said Tanvee Deokule, a student of Pawar Public School, Bhandup. 

Parents were equally worried about the competition students will face during junior college admissions. "My daughter scored 98% (best-5) but I realised the topper had scored 98.80%. There's going to be cut-throat competition during admissions this year," said Arun Mehta, father of 16-year-old Ayushi Mehta, the topper at Maneckji Cooper Education Trust School. 

Most schools had reason to celebrate this year not just with 100% results but also with the increasing number of 90% scorers in their batch. "Our results have been fantastic and the number of 90% and above scorers has also increased," said Alice Vaz, principal of Ryan International School, Kharghar, adding that 24 students in her batch scored above 90%. At St Mary's ICSE School, 49 out of 105 scored above 90% and the topper, Arunabh Mishra, scored 97.2%. 

"We are worried that we'll see more dejected students this year during admissions, especially high scorers. Hopefully, the admission process will be less stressful than the previous years," said the principal of a South Mumbai college. 

CBSE website to give updates 

CBSE has launched an academic website www.cbseacademic.in to provide information on its academic activities and policy initiatives."The website will be an information resource on the board's ongoing programmes, with special focus on training, innovation and leadership programmes for principals," said CBSE chairman Vineet Joshi.

No comments: